Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Chicago Weekend - October

My niece, Alayna, turned 6 in October and she wanted to celebrate her birthday at the American Girl store in Chicago. We had a very fun time and enjoyed being with some of the people we use to hang out with up there!!


Birthday supper at The Cheesecake Factory



We stayed one night with our good pal Kerry. The kids loved getting her up at 5 something in the am (different time zone for us). Thanks for putting up with us Kerry!!


Off to the American Girl Store. Thea got the bitty twins....she has had them picked out for weeks!


Brya on the other hand, did not know what she wanted. So we wandered around the store for a while before she chose....


(Thea still picking things out)



SAMANTHA!!! Brya saved all her birthday $$ and did anything she could to make a few bucks so that she could get another doll.



Brya and Alayna ended up getting the same doll.




We had lunch in the little restaurant there. It was ADORABLE. Everything was pink, black and white. Each doll got her own little chair at the table and a little tea set. Guests: Robin (taking pic), Kerry, me, blond twin, Thea, black twin, Kirsten, Amanda, Jess, Brya, Samantha, Samantha, Alayna. Brya's Nikki was at the salon getting her hair done!







Happy 6th Birthday Alayna!!








Kerry and Thea! (the store was packed so I was so glad that Kerry was there!)









Craft Time!







"What did you get??"












Bags and boxes!





Wishing we were not to old for the dolls!! :-) (Robin, Kerry and me)



Shopping aftermath!


...and where were Troy, Nolan and Kevin all this time?? Football game of course! Northwestern and Purdue (I think....)



After we were done downtown we headed out to the country to visit our great friends, Glen, Becky and kids. Katie and Laura got into playing with the dolls too. Thanks for everything Karate Family!!






Glen, Becky, Andy, Katie and Laura



On Sunday, we went to meeting at Arthur and Patty's place. That is the first meeting we went to when we moved to IL from WA. Special!


6 comments:

Randy and Amy said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Timmann Family said...

WOW, Looks like you all had tons of fun!! Brya, I also have Samantha! And I have a few of her clothes! (some where in a box). Thea, Ashlynn got an American Doll magazine and she too wants a Bitty Baby! She keeps pointing and saying “I want that one”. We’ll see……

Anonymous said...

Fun to see the pics from the busy shopping day! Thanks for coming to visit me and including me in the festivities!

Anonymous said...

Hey Raelynn- Sorry to leave you a message here. I have misplaced your email. I just wanted to pass on the info that my mom passed away on Halloween. It's been a rough few weeks but I know mom is not hurting anymore. Give me a buzz next time you are in the Washington neck of the woods or zap me an email if you still have it.

Your Friend
Tracy

Robin said...

Hey - Thanks for blogging the AG weekend - now I won't have to do! I'll just send everyone to your blog! Hard to believe it was just a month ago. A lot has happened since then - stay tuned, someday it might in up in our blog. : )

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see your blog, and your pictures! Your children are beautiful! Haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet, but got to meet Troy on his trip here... hope next time it is our turn to meet! Thanks for sharing. Brenda Webley