Friday, June 13, 2008

How to start a blog?



With this post I can finally say "Yes, I have a blog." I've actually had one since January put haven't gotten around to posting anything!! Hope it's not another 6 months until I post again. Any suggestions/comments/HELP/etc would be greatly appreciated as I feel very naive about this whole blog thing.....well I guess I'm an expert at looking at other blogs but that really doesn't help me with my own!



So, I'm not really sure how I should start this thing....I feel that I should introduce myself and the family...but I'm guessing that most of you all know me. So here is just a little update for those that I haven't talked to recently.....



In January we moved into our new home in Indiana and we think we are settled until the 'wee ones' go off to college. So we are trying to make this place into a home (aka trying to make our poorly planted grass seed to grow). These days it is almost like a 4th child. Troy's new job is going great....he misses working traffic but doesn't miss the 45+ minute commute. I'm still at home with the kids....I really shouldn't say at home because we never really are. The kids keep me busy (aka crazy) and so you will probably read about them the most. Brya, our 6 year old, is ready to go into first grade. Is she the only kid that didn't want summer vacation? (I'm guessing that will change by 6th grade..). Nolan is almost 5 and will go into a Montesorri next fall. He is our little sports fanatic....he can almost list every NFL team!! And then there is Thea...what can I say....she is very "2" but also does her best to keep up with the "big kids". Because she is our last she gets away with alot more but is also so cute about it.



Sorry for the long post....I'll just post some pics and be done for now!!! (your turn Robin)

12 comments:

Randy and Amy said...

YEAH! I'll be sure to check in often, but will know from experience not to expect something everyday!

rudonna said...

Great seeing pictures of your family. We'll check your blog regularly. It's been ages since us 4 in Greensboro have posted anything.
Rudonna

Jessica said...

that's great Raelynn! I've always wanted to have one of these, but.... as you said, the kids keep me crazy and we're never actually home, so... when are you going to have time to blog? haha! Good Luck!:)

Robin said...

Good work Sis! Now I have no excuse to put off getting our blog going. Do I get to work on it for months too? : ) XO to kids! Love you! Robin

Maureen Frandsen said...

How very fun to see your family and hear how busy you are! =) More pictures, please! Your house, animals....love, Aunt Maureen

Timmann Family said...

IT’S ABOUT TIME! I guess I have to start bothering Robin about a blog now that you have one started! Your blog looks wonderful, and its great to see pictures of the kids...and Troy & you! I am very excited, and will be checking up often to see more pictures! Lots of hugs and kisses!...to the kids

Love,
Randee, Will & Ashlynn

Brian&Sue said...

Welcome to the online world. We'll look forward to keeping updated on what's happening in your corner.

Anonymous said...

Great job Raelynn. Keep those pictures rolling! I guess I don't have any excuses now. Howdies to all!

Anonymous said...

This is great Raelynn! I love the comment about your grass being a fourth child...I remember those days. All I can say is if I had it to do over again I would re-mortgage the house if I had to just to order a truck load of SOD!!!! Green gold.
Love your blog!
candice

Dave and RoCherra said...

Hey Sis, We are so excited to see your blog. This will be a great time so spend quality time on the internet... ;-) R3

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you blog start, Raelynn! We're just home so checking out ALL the emails and responding to a select few. See you on Wed.

Maureen Frandsen said...

Finally checking back in....love your house! Wonder if the stripes in the bathroom turned out? I have stripes in a guest room...around the bottom part....and we love it...fun to keep up w/ your family!